Monday 11 November 2013

3am.

Image taken from Google Images.
Recently, I've found that I've needed to set an alarm to check my blood sugar around 3am. Now, I don't really know what the norm is with regard to middle of the night checks, but my personal rule is if I have to snack before bed or take a correction dose, the alarm is set for 3am to make sure my blood sugars are holding steady. Please remember, I am not a medical professional, and this most definitely isn't medical advice!

I don't know why, but my bedtime blood sugars are so varied at the moment. Maybe it's stress? Maybe it's having a proper exercise routine? Maybe it's the foods I'm eating? As you can tell, I really can't pin-point an exact cause to the varied readings.

The point?! I need them to stop!

Don't get me wrong, broken sleep is a lot better than waking up in the middle of the night hypo, or in the morning with a high blood sugar, but still, the broken sleep is taking it's toll!

I'm just over halfway through my semester now, and I need to be on the ball. There are a lot of deadlines and speaking exams coming up and lack of sleep isn't going to help me get these things done. Done well, anyway. I also really want to stay on top of going to the gym. I can't say I enjoy going just yet, but I am noticing the benefits of it, so really want to keep up with that. It's also been a good stress reliever! 

It's at times like this where I really miss living in student accommodation! The Student Union should definitely consider nap rooms in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment