Monday 1 April 2013

Happy April!

Madrid.
Tomorrow, I head back to Spain for the last leg of my year abroad. I have really mixed feelings about this. Year abroad has, without a doubt, been my biggest challenge so far. I've had my ups and downs, like most people on year abroad, but in spite of this, I can say it has been one of the best experiences and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! It really is an experience: living in another country, meeting new people, new culture, new foods, travelling. It's amazing! But I am extremley glad that year abroad is just that...a year. As on a diabetes-level, I really don't think I can go on like this for much longer!

This year, diabetes has not been my priority, and I know it probably should have been. The last thing I needed was to end up in hospital whilst on year abroad. Somehow, I have managed to avoid hospitals, but that doesn't mean that I have been a model diabetic. In fact, I've been pretty darn awful, if I'm honest! As soon as I am back in the UK permanently, I have promised myself that I am going to seriously dedicate significant amounts of time to my diabetes care! I need to! I said on my diabetes anniversary that this is going to be the year that I lower my hba1c. There was a time when I had it down at 6.5%. Now, I'm not expecting this straight away, but the fact that I've been there before tells me that it is possible to get there, it's just going to take some time and effort, and this time round, I really am game. 

Two more months in Spain, and then, diabetes, I promise you will be a priority once again! I'm sorry for neglecting you for so long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment