Sunday 4 August 2013

The City That Never Sleeps.

Top of the Empire State Building.
New York City. NYC. The Big Apple. The city that never sleeps.

Trust me when I say I've hardly slept these last three days. But I have had the best time. 

Thursday, August 1st, I flew to NYC to meet some friends from my first year at university. 

My weekend has been incredibly busy, but I managed to do so much: Times Square, the Rockefeller Centre, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Seaport, Empire State Building, The Met. We pounded the streets doing as much as we possibly could in the two full days my friends and I had. And it was so worth the sore feet and insane tiredness I currently feel!

It's safe to say I became a coffee afficionado. So much for going decaf! Caffeine was 100% necessary! And I didn't see that much of an affect on my blood sugar, maybe because of the walking (?), so that's something I'm going to investigate. Would be so great if I didn't have to worry about the spike in blood sugars, especially going into final year where caffeine will more than likely be my new best friend!

If anything, I spent the most of my weekend on the low side: I had a fair few hypos that I did not like! You know, those ones that come on quite quickly, and then there's that panic that you're not coming out of them? Not fun. But they were just background events whilst I created bigger and greater memories. 

Similar to what I said back in May, diabetes you've had your moments since you entered my life. But NYC?! That belonged to Lopez and I, and a few other friends.   

No comments:

Post a Comment