Monday 2 September 2013

Symptoms.

Image taken from Google Images.
My low blood sugar symptoms are really crappy. I'm shakey, I sweat, I can't see straight, forming words becomes the most difficult thing in the world and sometimes I cry for no apparent reason.

I told you: crappy.

But, as much I hate the symptoms, I'd rather have them than be without them. These symptoms make me aware of the fact that I need to check my blood sugar, and it scares the hell out of me when I check my blood sugar and see a low reading without these symptoms. 

Like this morning. 3.5mmol/l and no symptoms. 

Not one.

I checked my blood again: 3.4mmol/l.

And then I'm going through my symptoms. And drinking a juice carton at the same time!

I looked at my hands to see if they're shaking - no.

I felt my forehead to check for sweat - no.

I could see perfectly fine.

I started ranting about how I had no symptoms - forming words: check!

And I wasn't crying.

I get so angry when this happens and I lose faith in my instincts

It sucks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment