Monday 16 December 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I'm officially done with the first semester of my final year! Can't believe I only have one semester left and then I graduate...let's not think about that! I'm also back at Mum and Dad's for the Christmas period, which is awesome! We have a Christmas tree, Christmas lights...not that it didn't look like Christmas in my uni-house, but here is where it's at! 

Icing-in-progress.
With the stresses of end of semester deadlines, and the Christmas season just being a generally crap time for my blood sugars, my diabetes management has been a little relaxed, to say the least! I'm hoping that now I've submitted my final essay, I'll be able to get back on track with my diabetes, despite the temptations that surround the holiday season. Although, I type this having spent the afternoon with E.Hales, Doodle and my brother icing gingerbread men. 'Tis the season for high blood sugars and all that...

But in all seriousness, I need to make more of an effort to log sugar levels and the foods I'm eating to see how foods are affecting my blood glucose levels. I have a check-up in January at the diabetes clinic, as well as an appointment with a dietitian, meaning it'll be 'a1c time, and I want to be able to say I really tried to stay on top of things, which right now I can't do. 

So, tomorrow, it's back to basics: bloog glucose logging, insulin doses, food consumed, exercise done all logged in an app on my phone. By writing it here, I'm making myself accountable, and I will follow through. 

I hope everyone's enjoying the Christmas season!  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment