Saturday 29 March 2014

Four Years.

Dear Diabetes, 

I hate you. 

And hate is a strong word. 

But I think it's applicable to you. 

I'm never going to wake up in the morning and think "Yay! Time to check my blood sugar!" or look forward to shooting insulin.
 
But if there's one thing I've learnt this year, it's that I don't have to like you. 

Not ever. 

I do, however, have to know how to live with you in spite of the hatred I have for you. 

I think it's one of the biggest hurdles a person with diabetes has to overcome, and this year, I think I've done it. 

Because I can say I hate you, yet I'm still happy and healthy with you around. 

Bet that's a real kick in the beta cells.

"There's only us, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss"

Like hell am I missing out.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment