Monday 3 March 2014

Month Of The Log: Completed!


It was hard going at times, being so used to relying on my meter which stores all the necessary information for me, but I did find it useful to see the numbers on paper. It was a lot easier to spot patterns, and making any relevant notes to explain certain numbers was incredibly useful.

Question is, will I continue?

Honestly, no.

I think I needed to log more to prove to myself that I could do it. But doing that every day of every month for the rest of my life...no thanks! I found it useful, don't get me wrong, but it's not something I want to have to do day-in, day-out.

Alongside logging, this month I also did basal-testing and insulin ratio testing. I can't remember the last time I did a basal test, and that is so bad! So, I've set myself two new "rules" when it comes to my diabetes management: 

1. Throughout months June and October, I want to be keeping a paper log of blood sugars, insulin doses and other notes again. In doing this, I want to also be carrying out basal tests and checking my mealtime ratios are still okay - like I said, I can't remember the last time I did a basal test, so I need to make sure that that becomes a lot more regular in my diabetes management. 

2. Go back to the paper log book method in between the aforementioned months when things are quite right with blood sugars, even if it's just for a week. I know that it's beneficial to me to see the numbers written down on paper to see patterns. Basically, I need to stop being lazy!

I learnt a lot about my diabetes in February.  

No comments:

Post a Comment