Thursday 27 March 2014

Hba1c Blues.

I tell myself time and time again not to get worked up about my hba1c. But when I feel like I've really tried with my diabetes management, to then have a result higher than the previous, well, it's disheartening to say the least.

Don't get me wrong, it's by no means a "bad" (for lack of a better word) number. I'm just gutted that it's not an improvement, as I feel like I've made a real effort to keep my diabetes on track. 

Image taken from Google Images.
For me, getting myhba1c checked regularly is important. I have one as part of my annual review, although I tend to get a few more done throughout the year via my DSN.
 
As much as I hate going to get the blood drawn and sometimes worry about what the result is going to be, it's a number that really helps to keep me on track with my diabetes management. It tells me where I'm currently at on the "diabetes map" and helps me make decisions to get to where I want to be. 
 
Right now, I'm not where I want to be. But I wouldn't know that if I hadn't had my 'A1c done. 
 
I spent yesterday wallowing over the result. 
 
Today, I'm taking action. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment