Wednesday 8 January 2014

Gym, Gym, Gym!

Image taken from Google Images.
Yesterday evening, I bit the bullet and went back to the gym for the first time in weeks.

It hurt!

I still hurt.

I've been assured that's the sign of a good workout.

Exercising in the evening is new. Last year, I always went in the morning and I learnt how my blood sugars reacted to that, and made changes where appropriate.

So, last night was trial and error.

Before dinner, I had a blood sugar of 5.2mmol and I took a "regular" dose of my meal time insulin, where as before I used to reduce it.

Instead, I reduced my Levemir from 12u to 11u. 

My blood sugar before bed was 8.1.

I set my alarm for 3am (oh, how I love that time of the morning!)

7.4.

And my waking blood sugar? 3.4.

We'll try 10u of Levemir next time!

Happy Wednesday! 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and interesting blog, thanks for this post..it's been great reading this.
    Forzest online

    ReplyDelete