There's been a digital silence here recently. I'm working through some stuff, so blogging just hasn't happened. I'm still here, just lurking in the background for a while. In the meantime, some other stuff for you to explore:
- Abbott have released a Flash Glucose Monitoring system called the Freestyle Libre. The technology behind it is pretty darn awesome! A number of PWDs have been given the Libre to test out, including Laura, Mike, Jen and Dave, who have all written blogs about their experience with it. You can also see Pete talking about it here, and Kev has also written a piece.
- Whilst you're reading Dave's blog about the Libre, also have a read of his post about Time.
- Kelly Kunik talks with Sierra Sandison, aka Miss Idaho.
- Gavin Griffiths, aka Diathlete, is Stateside raising money for Majorie's Fund. He ran seven marathons in seven days (crazy man) and you can follow what he's up to here.
- Speaking of crazy, Sébastien Sasseville is STILL running across Canada. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on this blog, but I found out that this dude was gonna run across Canada in the name of diabetes awareness! Well, he's still going! You can follow his progress here.
- The EASD (European Association for the Study of Diabetes) conference is well underway, and you can follow what's happening with the hashtag #EASD2014 on Twitter.