Monday 18 February 2013

Life In A Day.

Guadalajara, Spain.
Life In A Day is a movie-documentary that I am now recommending to everybody! A friend recommended it to me, and when she first explained the concept, I was confused by how it was going to be put together, but I thought it was so incredibly well done. I laughed, cried, smiled, felt heart-broken: it really was an emotional rollercoaster, and a real eye-opener.

Basically, it is a series of video clips that people took and then sent in. The one thing they have in common is that they were all filmed on the same day: July 24th, 2010. The clips come from countless different people, spanning 190 different countries, so the clips you see vary greatly, as you can imagine!

It put a lot of things into perspective for me. I like to think that, on the whole, I am generally a happy person. Like everyone, I have my down days, but I think that more that 75% of the time, I am in a happy mood. Recently, I have had major diabetes problems: I went back down that omitting insulin route and it was just generally not a good time for me. But watching something like Life In A Day really made me realise just how lucky I am for everything I have. For a start, I have access to a free healthcare system and prescriptions, meaning I can actually stay alive! Then there's my actual family, my chosen family, my friends. I think I can say, in actual fact, I have it quite easy! Yes, there will come a time when, once again, diabetes will beat me. But, in keeping with my last two posts, I need to make more of an effort to remember the good and the words of encouragement of those around me. And if that fails, then I'm pretty sure re-watching this movie-documentary will do the trick! 

Click here to watch Life In A Day on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment