Monday 11 March 2013

Study Hard, Party Harder.

ChupĂ­tos in Salamanca!
I'm stressing out massively at the moment: I have so much to do and have no idea where to even begin! I have to plan lessons for teaching this week, revise for a phonetics exam on Thursday, prepare for a debate in French class on Tuesday as well as prepare a presentation on the film "Les Intouchables" (which I've never seen, but have to do a presentation on anyway!) Then there's a project I have to do for my phonetics class, another project that I have to do for UEA, module enrollment for next academic year, the list just goes on! I feel like I can barely keep my head above the water! Surprisingly, in this panic, my first thought was check my blood sugar (those "little victories" I was talking about the other day: thinking about my diabetes first like I did today is definitely one of them!) BS was 6.5mmol/l, so at least I knew diabetes was playing ball today. One less thing to worry about!

I don't know where all of this has come from! To be honest, I'm still struggling to believe that I go back to the UK for Easter Break in 9 days! Doesn't feel like I've been here that long, let alone be Easter already! I just wish time would slow down a little bit. My year abroad is quickly nearing the end, and I don't want it to. And seeing how much I've got to do and how little time I have is making me panic! So instead of attempting to tackle the tasks in hand, I've found myself writing here. Don't ask why, because I don't know why I've suddenly decided now would be a good time to write! Just need to clear my head a bit before beginning the mammoth tasks I need to complete.

I was talking with a Spanish friend, venting and just stressing in general, and he reminded me of the expression "study hard, party harder" and suddenly my "mammoth tasks" didn't seem so "mammoth like". Yes, I have a lot of work to do, and  I am going to have to put in a number of hours to get everything done if I want to succeed. As well, I need to remember that even with this heavy workload, I can't let my diabetes care slip again, so need to be very aware of that too. But what's also important that I take the time out to relax and enjoy my time here as well, not get too bogged down by the work load. So I've gone and booked a trip, a treat if you will, for surviving this week: Toledo this coming Saturday. It's a good motivator!

No comments:

Post a Comment