|Sunny days in Alcalá!|
It's often said that it's the little things in life that make us happy, and I think this is true. I think it's fair to say everyone has a list of things that make them happy. I do. However, over the last three years, that list of the "little things" that make me happy is so much longer now because of my diabetes.
So there are the normal things:
- Sunny days
- Snow days
- Duvet days with my housemates
- Getting a coffee with extra foam
- Seeing an old couple holding hands (I'm a sucker for it!)
- When my godson says "Please, Vicki"
- When I get a text/email out of the blue from friends
- Cups of tea
- Back-to-back marathon of a favourite tv show
- A good book
- Buying a new make-up bag for my diabetes stuff
- Waking up on a 5.5mmol/l (Best feeling ever!)
- Going to a restaurant, completely guessing my carbs and bolusing correctly
- Eating cake and bolusing correctly
- Having a whole day with good sugar levels
- Changing my lancet after god-knows how long
- Getting an updated version of Carbs and Cals (the book I use when it comes to carb counting).
Funny how something I don't want to have has managed to bring some level of happiness to my life, even if it is just waking up on a 5.5mmol/l once a month!