Monday 8 April 2013

The Importance Of Making Notes.

Rather detailled sugar logs!
Since February, I've been avidly logging my sugar levels and taking note of what foods I am eating, as well as insulin doses. Yes, it is time consuming, but, for now, it is necessary for me to stay on top of my diabetes. For the month of April, I added an extra column: Notes

So simple, yet so effective. Throughout February and March, I logged all of my sugar levels and insulin doses, but wasn't really able to pin-point any patterns. Why? Because I wasn't taking note of any potential reasons behind the high and low blood sugar levels. I mean, I could spot patterns that would then tell me if my ratios needed to be changed and, although helpful, not the only thing I need to be thinking about. 

I've been making notes for a week now. Yes, it means I have to put more time into sugar logging and everything, but the hope is, after another month or so, I won't need to log in as much detail as I am because I'll know what's going on when. There will be a routine; I will know the patterns.

Well...that's the hope, anyway! It's one thing to be doing this whilst on year abroad and getting back on track, but this is not something I want to be doing every day for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment