I am well and truly on countdown mode now, with it being less than a week until I return to the UK! I swear it was only yesterday I was writing about how I only had two weeks left! Now I literally have days!
May was a good month! I finished classes, I finished exams, the weather's been lovely (most of the time), I saw my best friend, Nem, I also caught up with the girls on my course from UEA...it was incredibly busy, but I loved every minute of it! Diabetes-wise, I had a swinging month: horrible highs to crashing lows, some due to my errors, others due to who-knows what. I've carried on logging...sort of...I input all sugar readings to get my average before posting this. Can't wait to get test strips for my Accu-Check where it tells you all your averages and stuff! My average for May was 8.1mmol/l, which, although up from last month, I'm happy with.
This coming Thursday (June 6th), I will be flying back to the UK, and my time as an Erasmus student will be over. I will miss this - living and studying abroad, new people, new cultures - but I am so excited about getting back to the UK for many reasons:
- Sunday roast! I haven't had a Sunday roast in sooooo long!
- Being back with my family (also something I'm not looking forward to - see below).
- Being back in the same town as my friends from home.
- Hanging with my godson, Doodle.
- Being in the same time zone as my friends from uni - we've been all over the place this year: USA, Canada, Hong Kong, France, Spain, England...
- Brownies - a year "off" of being Little Owl is long enough!
- Having access to my diabetes clinic - I never thought I'd say this, but I've missed it and the help and support it provides!
- Being back with my family - three months living under Mum and Dad's roof is a blessing and a curse. No rent, no bills, free food, home-cooked food. But after living away from home for three years now, it's hard to adjust.
- The diabetes changes it will inevitably bring. I'll need to "settle back in" again, adjust ratios, basal insulin etc etc. It's not gonna be fun!
- The crappy weather!
On that note, happy June and hasta luego!